Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 9.5 Hours
Level: Intermediate | Yield: 8 Servings
- 2 lb. boneless pork shoulder, excess fat removed cut into 4” pieces
- Kosher salt
- McCormick Black Pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. chopped sundried tomatoes
- 1 (1.25-oz.) McCormick Slow Cookers BBQ Pulled Pork Seasoning Mix
- 1 (12-oz.) bottle lager
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (28-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14-oz.) can kidney beans
- Shredded cheddar, for garnish
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Thinly sliced green onions, for garnish
- Cornbread for serving, optional
- In a large pot over high heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Season pork with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Add to pot and sear until browned on all sides; transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-low then add onions and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add sundried tomatoes and McCormick BBQ Pulled Pork Seasoning Mix and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often. Pour in beer, and use a wooden spoon to scrape up the browned bits on the bottom of the pot; simmer for 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to bowl of slow cooker. Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, and beans, then add pork.
- Cover and cook on low for 9 to 10 hours, until pork is extremely tender.
- Shred pork using two forks and return to bowl of slow cooker, stirring until well incorporated.
- Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, green onions and cornbread.
Top with our Avocado Jalapeño to add vibrant flavors.
Recipe credit: https://delish.com/